Sunday 9 December 2018

Punk Jacket - Grimmy Revamped!

If there's one thing that really frustrates me about store clothing, it's that EA will create something that looks really cool, but when you add it to your game you're faced with the harsh reality that they couldn't be arsed to put in the work!

One such item is the Grimmy Leather jacket for adults and teens.
Don't get me wrong - the jacket itself is great. It looks fantastic in CAS and in-game, but where EA have failed to do their job is the fact that there's only one preset and no morphs! Don't want a skull on your jacket? Tough shit. Want your skinny, chubby or buff Sims to look badass? Good luck with that.

While this has bothered me for quite some time, it's only now that I needed such a jacket for a Sim I'm in the middle of creating that I finally pulled my finger out to fix it up and make it better. More than anything, I just wanted a jacket without the design on the back, though I decided to add a few more preset designs int here.

Most importantly, I created morphs for the jacket. Seriously, EA, what the hell do you have against chubby punks? Like I said, this is  a prime example of their lacklustre attitude towards store clothing. I had the exact same problem when I was creating the Classic Domestic Uniform - no morphs included with the Alice Dress I was using as a base. ARGH!


More pics and full technical info at Mod the Sims.

This Item is Base Game Compatible
TS3™


Download from MTS

 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.