Monday 13 August 2018

Classic Domestic Uniform

Partly because I'm in the process of creating a Sim (who may or may not be connected to this little lady), and party because I just do not care at all for the French maid's uniform, I set out to create a more classic domestic's uniform.... and what a pain in the arse it has been! Not even joking!

At first, I attempted to do a frankenmesh, using a store blouse and pencil skirt. I cannot even begin to describe the utter headache that turned out to be! Luckily for me, I just so happened to be multitasking between creating this outfit and re-organising my store content which is when I came across the Alice dress from the I Heart the 50's collection. It's not that I didn't know it existed, it had just slipped through my memory banks (they're old and weak, y'know). "Perfect!" I thought. "I can do a simple retexture and this will be awwwwwesome!" Right? Wrong!

While the textures and bumps were easy enough to edit, this was a difficult mesh to work with. For whatever reason, EA decided that the morphs were going to be in GEOM form rather than BGEO. TSR Workshop seemingly didn't like this all too much and crashed a lot. Add to that the frustration of an uber slow laptop, so testing morphs proved to be a slow and painful process. Or at least it was until I moved it to the PC (speedy Sims times ahead, yay!)... anyway, I got there in the end so I'll stop whining.


More pics and full technical info at Mod the Sims.

This item is Base Game compatible:
TS3™

Download from TSR
 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.