Saturday 4 January 2020

See What I Did There?

See how I went back on my word about only making lots for The Sims 4 because I didn't want to clog my laptop with custom content? See how I just recreated my 'Norma' Blouse for TS4?
I will say this - I am sticking to my guns about having CC in my game, aside from a CAS screen I made and a couple of gameplay mods. All my builds for TS4 remain CC-free. However, this year has started out just as crappy as the last so any hopes of a new PC setup are still a long way off and I just really miss making CC, damn it!
 
There was a point a year or so ago where I downloaded the Sims 4 Studio in the hopes of converting a TS4 Renault Captur by LorySims for my own personal use in TS3. Then I downloaded Blender. Christ alive, I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly find that program easy to use! No Captur for me in TS3 then... Unfortunately, it seems to be a necessary evil when it comes to S4S, so I guess I'll have to suffer it if I want to get into something more intricate later on.

What bothers me more than the evils of Blender (seriously, I hate it so much I won't even link to it), is the fact that my first intended by of CC was a recreation of my Dorian Gray haunted painting. I knew the Spooky Stuff Pack had such items, so I spent a fiver on Eneba. Turns out that unlike its TS3 counterpart, the TS4 painting doesn't include the 'spooky' painting as an extractable image layer. After a little digging, I found out that the late night effect is part of the tuning. Balls!

What a waste of a fiver! I hope someone over at the S4S figures out a way to do it. I wouldn't have the foggiest.

Anyway, for now I'm continuing down the clothing route. And the Norma Bates route. She's a classy, if not crazy, lady with some fantastic outfits so I'm going to have a play about with those while I curse the very name of Blender.

Oh Blender, how I loathe thee!

B2 x
 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.