Wednesday 18 December 2019

Desperate Measures!

As if having the PC in storage and robbing me of my beloved Sims 3, last night as I was in the process of uploading the Bayside Diner to MTS, my laptop cable stopped working... and of course my laptop had only 5 minutes left to live!

What does this mean for little ol' B2 and her Sims? Well, the PC is home to The Sims, The Sims 3 and The Sims: Medieval, and on the laptop I have The Sims 2, The Sims 4 and The Sims: Medieval (yes, it's on both). When the laptop cable cattled last night, I had to make a quick save on the MTS upload with a frantic little note in the description telling everyone I'd be back to correct the random specs I'd quickly entered on my phone.

Have any of you ever tried to edit a Mod the Sims listing on a mobile phone? Or attempted to correctly format a Tumblr post to match everything you've posted thus far in desktop mode on your mobile phone? Or pissed about with HTML with sausage fingers on a mobile phone?


Not to mention the fact that all of this came about right as I was thinking of starting a new game on TS4 so I could try out a challenge. Gutted, mate. Absolutely gutted. Cue the grumbly purchase of a new cable (cheers, Amazon Prime!) and being back up and running by the following evening (tonight).

Since all plans were out the window game-wise, I had to look for a Plan B... there was nothing on TV, nothing lined up on my watchlist that I was in the mood for. All I wanted to do was play some Sims!!! There was only one option left, lying in the darkest corner of my box of games - The Sims 2 (PS2).

Loading up this game in 2019 was an eye-opener to say the least! I cannot fathom how I managed to enjoy that game so much, and I remember playing it a fair bit when I didn't have much access to a PC. The decor options are just horrendous, though it does have multi-layered clothing, so swings and roundabouts I suppose. 

I knew I wanted to create a new Sim, but before I did I thought I'd check in with the Sims I'd previously played with. Oh. My. Days...

A rooster in the living room? But of COURSE!
Oh, Adam... you're such a sad little soul!
Ah yes... the party that got out of hand. RIP, random party guests!
Needless to say, I am so SO glad to be am back on the laptop. Don't get me wrong, I'm way more of a console gamer than PC, but when it comes to The Sims, it's PC all the way for me.

This was a long-winded and pointless post really, wasn't it? Haha.

Oh well.

B2 x
 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.