Saturday 3 August 2019

TS4, Redeem Thyself...

For some reason, whenever I happen to find that creative flow with TS3, I end up having to vacate the PC. This time round, it had to go into storage following the arrival of a new pet and a subsequent furniture reshuffle. *sigh*

Normally, I'd fire up TS2 in these instances, but after the recent rebranding update and how much people have been bitching endlessly about it, I decided to fire up TS4 instead. Really though, are people actually that bothered about packaging and loading screens?

I can honestly say, I still don't care much for the gameplay (loada bollocks!), but I was interested in finally getting to grips with building something. Obviously, I wanted to start with something simple to get a feel for it so what better place to start than the very same place I started when I reinstalled TS2 - TS3's Americana!

As with TS2, I have no CC installed for TS4 other than Sidney's trademark hairstyle (more on that later), so this version will also be CC free. I've found it to be a surprisingly pleasant experience so far, though getting used to where everything is on the screen has been a bit annoying. Why they couldn't just have it laid out like the previous games, I'll never know.

Anyway, it got me thinking that once I've finished this, I may do a repeat performance and convert Kinross again as well. Who knows, maybe all my future TS3 builds will get an additional TS2 and TS4 version? We'll see...

B2 x
 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.