Saturday 2 June 2018

Thou Shalt Not Edit!

After a five month distraction of Vikings, LEGO Star Wars: TFA and the WWE Network, I finally finished my Gale Farm refurb!

I was so excited and immediately set about getting my screenshots, making note of all additional features and EP/SPs now included. 

Got to TSR only to find that despite what they say in their help section, they no longer allow you to update your published creations! 😢

Well this just will not do! The new and improved Gale Farm needs to be seen and shared! That crappy outhouse (crappy, geddit? hur hur) needs to go and the storm cellar entrance needs to be more screen-accurate... I WILL NOT BE HELD BACK BY YOUR FASCIST REGIME, TSR!!!

I suppose I get where they're coming from as the reason cited was that it creates a lot of work at their end and unless there's a bug or problem with the original upload, it's just not worth the effort. Still, it's a stinger for the time and effort I've put into making Gale Farm just that little bit more special.

Unfortunately, this also extends to editing descriptions on published items. I tried to change my note about 'For use on TSR only' and got hit with "Not possible to update an item that is approved/published." Damn!

Since their little revelation last week, I've been considering my options. I'd already had it set in my mind that any Sims I create will be uploaded to Mod the Sims. They only require the .sim file which I like because sims3packs are effing annoying. They were actually the first Sims site I signed up to and I've downloaded a fair few creations, though have yet to upload. Part of me is scared because I fear rejection given that my uploads have all gone to that other place. Waaaah!

Another thing I like about MTS is the option to upload a lot as either sims3pack or package. This will allow me to upload the library file without the CC included.

Exciting and scary times!

 

B2 Sims Customised version of 'I Love Books' by Ipietoon. A selection of TS4™ icons featured are by Oh My Sims!

This blog is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. Images used in this blog is uploaded and used lawfully in accordance with fair use. There is no intent to utilise in any manner images or files which would produce a financial profit, nor any image or file that would detract from the potential of Electronic Arts to profit financially from the same or similar works.